Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 3 on Android Oreo: Google has officially introduced the latest version of Android which is Android 8.0 Oreo. Android 8.0 will be initially available on Google Pixel and Nexus devices. Google also said that they are working to make Android 8.0 Oreo available for Motorola, Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG, Nokia, Huawei and Check your Device Here. Google also added by saying that Android 8.0 Oreo will be Smarter, faster and most powerful than ever. Android 8.0 will be following the release date of Android Nougat in last summer. Android Oreo comes with quicker Boot (Twice as faster than the previous one) and apps will launch faster as well. There are also some Preloaded apps in android Oreo which helps in making efficient use of resources like Memory, CPU and data usage which ultimately helps in increasing battery life.
TeamWin recovery project or simply TWRP recovery is software that allows you to install unofficial firmware on your device. Most people prefer to use TWRP recovery because it has a touch-based user interface which makes flashing an image very simple. Earlier it supports only Nexus devices but now it is available for a wide range of phones. It also comes with various customizations supports such as gaining root access, making a Nandroid backup, installing a custom kernel, removing bloatware, etc. It has an XML based Graphic User Interface which gives an advantage of modifying the recovery, ultimately makes it the best android custom recovery.
When comes to restoring the backup data TWRP allows you to Select as many partitions whereas in CWM recovery you can restore only one partition. Most people install the custom recovery to tweak their devices and when it comes to the installation of custom ROMs both CWM and TWRP work great but one feature takes TWRP recovery to a higher level i.e. you can access the file manager of your device when you are in recovery mode. Adb commands plays an important role while installing TWRP recovery which makes complexes for beginners whereas there is only one click installation process for Clockwork mode recovery via Rom manager app owned by CWM.
Installing the custom ROMs, backing up and restoring the data takes much time to complete the process. TWRP recovery has a Lock screen feature which ultimately turns off the screen with a slider lock after a while of starting the process. Now according to me, both CWM and TWRP recovery works flawlessly for the installation of custom ROMs. There are not many differences between these two recoveries; it depends on the user as both the recovery performs the same action. If you are a beginner then better go with TWRP recovery as it has a clean interface with large buttons which reduces the chances of mistakes while tweaking the devices. Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 3 on Android Oreo.
The whole process is fairly simple and can be completed within 10-15 min. We have already mentioned that one of the most preferred uses of TWRP recovery is that you can use it to flash custom ROMs on your device with the help of stock recovery. So let us see How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 3 on Android Oreo.
- This guide only for OnePlus 3.
- Unlocked Bootloader.
How To Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 3
- Remember to take a backup of your files before beginning to install TWRP and root your device.
- Your device must have more than a battery to prevent the sudden shutdown.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 3 on Android Oreo
Install TWRP Recovery
- Download and Install ADB drivers.
- Now, download OnePlus 3 TWRP recovery .img.
- Move downloaded TWRP .img file to ADB folder (In C: Drive) and rename the file to “TWRP”.
- Enable the USB debugging on your device after enabling ‘Developer Options’ by going to ‘About phone’ and tapping build number 7 times.
- Go to the ADB folder (In C: Drive) and then press “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on the “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB data cable.
└ Check your device’s screen, if it asks permission for “Allow USB debugging”, accept it by selecting OK or Yes.
- Execute the following command to confirm your device is connected. If your device is successfully connected it will return device serial number. If not, then check your drivers are installed or not
Windows: fastboot devices
Mac: ./fastboot devices
- Boot your device into “Fastboot” mode and give the following command reboot bootloader
Windows: adb reboot bootloader
Mac: ./adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will start booting in fastboot mode. Now to flash recovery image on the device type the following command.
Windows: fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
Mac: ./fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
- To Bypass device encryption you have to format user data.
Windows: fastboot format userdata
Mac: ./fastboot format userdata
That’s all! You have rooted your Mi 2 using TWRP recovery. It can be checked by long pressing “Volume down + Power” buttons until your device boots into recovery mode.
Root OnePlus 3 via TWRP recovery
- Download SuperSU or Latest Magisk Zip from above link and save the downloaded zip file into your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Now in the TWRP main menu, Click on Wipe and swipe to factory reset on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu in TWRP, tap on install and select the SuperSU or Magisk zip file which you have saved in your device.
- After selecting the magisk or SuperSU zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation process is completed, You will see the Wipe cache/Dalvik option, tap on it and Swipe to wipe.
- After flashing magisk or SuperSU, reboot your device from the main menu.
Hope you have installed TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 3 on Android Oreo. Let us know if you have any queries in the comment section below.